Monday, September 3, 2007

Superman Adventures #1 - 2004

sgI found myself enjoying Superman Adventures--the cartoon and the comic--just as much as Batman Adventures, even though I've always been a much bigger Batman fan. I thought Timm and Co.'s take on the Man of Steel was nearly flawless, and I think the show was underappreciated. The comic was, to my mind, equally consistent, something these digest collections make clear.

Stories include:
"Clark Kent, You're A Nobody!" by Mark Millar, Aluir Amancio, and Terry Austin
"The Bodyguard of Steel" by Millar, Amancio, and Austin
"War Games" Parts 1 and 2
by Millar, Amancio, and Austin
"Power Corrupts, Super Power Corrupts Absolutely"
by Millar, Amancio, and Austin

Supes takes on soem of his biggest, baddest villains, like Luthor, Brainiac, and Parasite, all streamlined and reinvigorated and distilled to their baddest essences. Perfectly fun Superman adventures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob-

Agreed - good stuff in that show.

(With Tim Daly doing a modern "Reeve-ian" Supes that grew on me.)

Some classics: the "Clark is dead" show; the Bizarros, and the Myx's.

(I was less taken with the "evil Donald Trump" Lex, though Clancy Brown did a great job.)

-Craig W.